Compassionate Support For The Aspiring Professional
By Teyhou Smyth.
Discovering the diversity of human existence can be the catalyst you need to begin transforming your life. Many of us have found mental and emotional wellness through self-awareness and unconditional self-love. However, self-discovery can be a challenging process. This is especially true among individuals who feel pressured to conform to perceived expectations regarding job performance, cultural background, or gender identity.Even the highest functioning people can struggle to maintain the self-care necessary for overall well being. Teyhou understands these challenges, and approaches every client with the unconditional positive regard, empathy, and acceptance they need to thrive. Working from a supportive, emotion-focused model, Teyhou:
- Helps clients and loved ones find wellness through empathetic, therapeutic encounters.
- Creates an environment of unconditional positive regard to build self-confidence and acceptance.
- Uses cognitive behavioral therapy to support clients through challenging life transitions
- Uses biofeedback to reduce stress, self regulate emotions, build resilience as well as monitor progress
Teyhou brings extensive training and clinical experience from working with a diverse group of clients. As someone from an international, multicultural background, Teyhou has been exposed to people from many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds. She uses the empathy and openness she has developed throughout her life’s journey to build trust and understanding with her clients.
Throughout her career, Teyhou has helped people work through a wide variety of issues. Her work focuses on:
- Developing emotional intelligence and resilience
- Strengthening professional and personal identity
- Avoiding performance anxiety and fatigue
- Coping with high expectations, personal and professional
- Stress Management and avoid corporate burnout
- Addiction issues and impulse control
- Understanding one’s own gender and cultural identity
- Depression Anxiety
- Life Transitions
- Relationship Issues
We are all subjected to expectations we place on ourselves, including our careers, development, cultural identities, gender identities, and how we manage stress. Whether you are feeling overwhelmed with life’s demands or simply looking for greater personal insight, Teyhou can help you find well being.