Compassionate Support For The Aspiring Professional
By Dr. Teyhou Smyth.
Dr. Teyhou Smyth is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (#115137) and an Adjunct Professor of Psychology at the Graduate School of Education and Psychology at Pepperdine University.
Originally from the United Kingdom, Teyhou earned her B.A in Psychology from the University of Southern California and completed an M.A. in Sociology at Goldsmiths College, University of London. Teyhou went on to complete a second Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy at the California School of Professional Psychology and holds a doctorate degree in Pedagogical Sciences.
Dr. Smyth places high value on personal development and wellness allowing for the achievement of one’s full potential, and her practice Living with Finesse focuses on stress management, corporate burnout and achieving better work/life balance for high functioning professionals who lead busy lifestyles and want to live a more fulfilling life. Dr. Teyhou believes that everyone is able to access their full potential so that they may become the best version of themselves.
Teyhou divides her time between Los Angeles, London, and Dublin and runs workshops regularly focusing on the topics of stress and corporate burnout. Teyhou shares weekly articles, podcasts and YouTube videos on various topics that can help people live their best life on her website and is a contributor to the website entitled Thrive Global (by Arianna Huffington) on issues relating to stress and corporate burnout.
Dr. Teyhou understands these challenges, and approaches every client with the unconditional positive regard, empathy, and acceptance they need to thrive. Working from a supportive, emotion-focused model, Teyhou:
- Helps clients and loved ones find wellness through empathetic, therapeutic encounters.
- Creates an environment of unconditional positive regard to build self-confidence and acceptance.
- Uses cognitive behavioral therapy to support clients through challenging life transitions
- Uses biofeedback to reduce stress, self regulate emotions, build resilience as well as monitor progress
Teyhou brings extensive training and clinical experience from working with a diverse group of clients. As someone from an international, multicultural background, Teyhou has been exposed to people from many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds. She uses the empathy and openness she has developed throughout her life’s journey to build trust and understanding with her clients.
Throughout her career, Dr. Teyhou has helped people work through a wide variety of issues. She has offices in Century City, Beverly Hills, Downtown Los Angeles and Malibu. Her work focuses on:
- Developing emotional intelligence and resilience
- Strengthening professional and personal identity
- Avoiding performance anxiety and fatigue
- Coping with high expectations, personal and professional
- Stress Management and avoid corporate burnout
- Addiction issues and impulse control
- Understanding one’s own gender and cultural identity
- Depression Anxiety
- Life Transitions
- Relationship Issues
We are all subjected to expectations we place on ourselves, including our careers, development, cultural identities, gender identities, and how we manage stress. Whether you are feeling overwhelmed with life’s demands or simply looking for greater personal insight, Teyhou can help you find well being.